Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Monstah of a Different Color

Tonight was a different kind of adventure than yesterday's asado internationale. Tom Ledbetter is a friend of the Oblates and also a season ticket holder at Fenway Park who generous with his extra tickets. Tonight, he stopped in to visit during dinner and offered a ticket to tonight's game. I was the only person interested, so I saw my first professional baseball game: Red Sox vs. Yankees at Fenway Park, front row seats on the first base line.
It was an interesting immersion in East Coast baseball culture, but fun nevertheless. Unfortunately, the Sox lost 2-0, but I was surprised how well the Boston natives seemed to handle it considering my observation of their behavior at traffic lights and movie theaters. Perhaps their reputation for churlishness is overstated. 
Across from the "Green Monstah."
My actual distance from the baseline.
Bill Cosby threw the opening pitch.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, no! Don't tell me you're adopting the Boston accent already! I had/have a couple friends who hailed from Boston. One called me Liser. The other called White-faced Herefords "hefahs." We kept telling here a Hereford might be a Heifer, but not necessarily....a Hereford and a heifer were two different classifications. Please keep your consonants where they belong. ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! I am supremely jealous :) This is definitely an item on any sports fanatics bucket list.

    ReplyDelete