Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My First Kreeft Class




I know I said there would be no more posts until after my retreat, but I couldn't wait to share my felicitous tidings. I was disappointed that I would not be able to take one of Peter Kreeft's courses immediately this semester (apparently taking advanced classes out of sequence is frowned upon), but then it turned out his class Philosophy in Literature was available as an elective. It would be additional on top of my other classes (Ancient Philosophy, Medieval Philosophy, Latin, Logic & Epistemology, Christian Moral Living, Faith & Reason) and all Dr. Kreeft's classes are notoriously difficult, with at least one book assigned per week plus papers, but I really didn't want to wait to cut my teeth. So with only a few days of rationalizing/wheedling/haggling/pleading I prevailed upon my formation director to allow me to take the course with the upperclassmen. I am very excited for class on Tuesday. I plan to try and record the lectures, so if anyone is interested in hearing about philosophy in literature from Peter Kreeft let me know.

3 comments:

  1. Woot! Woot! Don't know if I'll have time to follow, but I'd sure love to pick up what I can...I hope you're not overloading yourself! You'll certainly have more than enough to keep yourself busy. I'll be the Kreeft course will be the most enjoyable. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the looks of things, I may be your only "taker;" I will probably be irregular at best. We'll see. Some is better than none, in my estimation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy for you, I know you've been drooling over the prospect of it. I'm sure Joe is rather green with envy :)

    ReplyDelete